Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 24, 2010

Prosecco Pops!
I read about Prosecco Pops in InStyle magazine and just had to try them out. I was lucky enough to even get the recommended popsicle mold from Mom!

I have no idea who came up with this recipe (perhaps InStyle interns who don't drank all of the Prosecco before calculating measurements), but the measurements are waaaay off. Even with putting in three or four slices of peaches in each mold, I still had so many leftovers that I was able to almost completely fill a loaf pan. So cut the quantities by at least a half.

Then, don't do what I did and fill the molds up all the way. I realized this critical mistake when I went to transfer to my freezer. There was counter stickiness. At least I put the molds on a tray in my freezer so I didn't have to deal with a sticky mess in there when they froze and overfilled the molds.

Full report on taste and ideas on what to do with a loaf pan of popsicle peaches coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment