Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 20, 2010

Today's cookie is the ginger snap. I got this recipe at a cookie exchange about 3 years ago and have been wanting to try it. Just as delicious as I remember. I had to make a few modifications to come up with the little gems you see at the bottom of the post, but here is the original
Grandma Lampe's Sparkling Ginger Snaps

3/4C Butter or Margarine
1 Egg
1 C Sugar
1/4 C Molasses
2 C Flour
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Cloves
2 t baking soda
1/2 t Ginger
1 t Cinnamon

Cream until fluffy butter and sugar. Beat in egg and molasses. Sift together flour, salt, cloves, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon. Chill dough. Shape into balls. Roll in sugar. Bake on an un-greased sheet 12-15 min at 350 degrees.

What I found was the balls needed to be near marble size. I ended up rolling the dough into a log and slicing it to get even portions for the cookies. I also went a bit short on the cooking time as I think these are smaller than the recipe calls for - only 10 minutes. These cookies spread like crazy so don't crowd the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment