Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 24, 2010

Linda and I took advantage of the free historic walking tours offered by the Austin Visitors Center early on Saturday morning. We did both the Congress Avenue/6th Street and the Bremond Block tours. Of the two, I liked the Bremond block best (that's Bre-Mon-d not Brem-und, they were French decedents, don't you know.) I think I just like looking at old houses more than hearing about the history of the Capitol.

I think it was better too because our tour guide, Elizabeth, was really good at painting the picture of the time of the construction of the homes and the charters of the people of lived there. On the Bremond tour, we learned all about Austin's serial killer, The Servant Girl Annihilator, and how that lead to the installation of the moonlighting system. Fun stuff and the best part was - it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment