Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 8, 2010

Summer annuals planted! I realized that May is starting to get away from me, what with Caroline's birthday next weekend and Austin hitting 100 for the first time this season. I had to get plants in the ground this weekend! Luckily Saturday turned out to be mostly overcast with much cooler temperatures.
I'm working a purple and while palette this year with a pop of bright pink salvia. Most of my Victoria salvia and my pink salvia bit it over the extra cold winter. In this bed only one out of a dozen plants made it....see if you can spot the extra large flower blowing this whole thing out of proportion.
I fared a bit better on this side of the house - only the pink salvia died. Most of the Victoria salvia made it, albeit a bit straggly.


No comments:

Post a Comment